A big thanks to the ladies at LotusHus for nominating me for the Real Neat Blogger Award. (This award, which has a bit of humor, is not to be confused with the Squeaky Clean Blogger Award, for which I am unlikely to qualify — but that is another post.)
Anyway, if you enjoy messing about with yarn, Lotus Hus has some very inspiring knit and crochet patterns you will definitely want to explore (after translating).
The rules of this award are:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of people, linking to their blogs, and let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
- Come up with 7 questions for the people you nominated.
Lotus Hus’s seven questions for me are:
- What’s the most creative use of emojis you’re ever seen? I still get confused between emojis and emoticons, which makes my daughters roll their eyes. So, I don’t really have an answer. 😉
- If animals could talk, which animal would be the most annoying? Dogs! “When are we going for a walk?” “This kibble is getting pretty dull.” “Can I drive?” It would be maddening.
- What social stigma does society need to get over? Ageism.
- What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it? “This is not a sales call…” if I happen to pick up the phone without checking caller ID.
- Where are some unusual places you’ve been? At the end of college, I did a four-month student teaching experience in the Navajo (Native American) nation.
- What’s the most interesting building you’ve ever seen or been in? I love the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. Words carved in stone really get to me, especially this man’s words.
- What was the best thing that happened to you today? Waking up was a good start. I also found out by mail that I won a small battle with our insurance company. That almost merits a victory dance.
My nominees are full of whimsy and joy and are totally worth visiting and following. They are:
My questions for these nominees, should they choose to accept them, are:
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- What dog or cat breed best represents your personality?
- Name one song to which you know all the words.
- What skill do you have that would surprise your readers?
- If you were building a museum and money was not an issue, what would be in it?
- What’s the best book you’ve read in the last year?