Thanks so much to Ezee Shad for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is a peer recognition award for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy.
Her blog is glowupwithshad.wordpress.com. Take a look!
Rules of the award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog so others can find them
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive an award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts
- Ask the nominee 11 new questions
My answers to Ezee Shad’s questions
1. Do you think your blog has made someone’s life simpler?
Maybe. I basically write essays about daily and spiritual life with some recipes thrown in for fun. The recipes are pretty straight forward. I write them with younger cooks in mind, probably because my daughters are teens and I hope they will be able to feed themselves well when they leave home.
2. How many books have you read so far this year, which ones are your favorite?
I tend to read more posts and news articles than books, but I’ve read probably 10 books so far in 2019. My favorites have been a re-read of one of Alexander McCall Smith’s “No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency” novels set in Botswana and a non-fiction work by Frances Mayes, “In Tuscany.”
3. What has been your biggest challenges since you started the blog? and how did you overcome it?
Time. I’m a mom, wife, free-lance journalist and indie author. I try to accept what I can do — which is a max of 3-4 posts a week across two platforms — and not fret about the rest. I will never be PewDiePie and I’m OK with that.
4. What motivates you to get up in the morning?
Making sure everyone is getting out the door on time, including the dog. And, setting the house in order for the day. I cannot stand unmade beds or dirty dishes all over the kitchen.
5. What are your best three quotes?
“Go out there and be as happy as a bird with a French fry.” Jan Karon
“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.” Mark Twain
“Outside of a dog a book is a man’s best friend, inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” Grouch Marx
6. What do think is more effective, EQ or IQ?
🙂 I had to look up EQ. That’s a new term to me. Both matter, sometimes one more than the other. If I run into some sort of trouble, I’d hope to fall in with someone with high EQ. Mercy, compassion, hope. If I’m crossing a bridge or having surgery, I hope the person who designed it or is holding the scalpel is smart as a whip.
7. How do you think we can make the world a better place?
Reflecting God’s light. Even at our best, we’re simply not good enough on our own. We need rescuing.
8. Who is your blogger bestie?
There’s not really just one person. But, I’m in frequent contact with about a dozen bloggers. They sometimes make my prayer list, so I would include them in my circle of friends.
9. Where are you blogging from?
The region of the U.S. known as Appalachia. It’s a little bit Southern, but not exactly. Although I live in a city, the area is better known for lots of mountains and rivers and not so many people.
10. Any tips for beginner blogs?
Write shorter posts and have more paragraph breaks. This is a courtesy to readers. If you don’t do this, a lot of your stuff will simply not be read.
11. What’s your best blog experience?
Interacting with other creatives from all over the world.
My nominees and questions:
I am pleased to nominate a collection of writers, artists, photographers, DIYers and environmentalists whose work regularly makes me smile. Some have been nominated before. Some are fairly new to blogging. All are just plain good viewing/reading.
Their work can be found at:
My questions to them…
1. Why and when did you start blogging?
2. How do you manage your blogging schedule?
3. Do you blog on more than one platform? Where else?
4. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
5. What don’t you like?
6. What advice would you share with new bloggers?
7. How do you stay motivated?
8. Is the graphic design of your site an important part of your blogging?
9. What is your favorite quote?
10. What are you looking forward to doing this summer (or winter for the one of you in the Southern Hemisphere)?
11. What would you like to happen with your blog by the end of 2019?